Do you make any food gifts to give away for the holidays?

I don't know about you but I spend a great deal of time making lots of baked goods such as cakes, cookies, pies throughout the holiday season. How about you?

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:52 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Holidays

• Cookie baskets are a favorite around here... I have baked up to 500 cookies (assorted) and even made
    edible cookie baskets to put them in...
    I also do a lot of baking of pumpkin pies, which I give away to families bc I make a lot of them out of one lg
    pumpkin from Halloween ....
    I am going to try my hand with candy making this yr along with my regular treats I do...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:13 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Yes, we do not exchange gifts within the immediate family, so I do a lot of baking & candy making for them.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 5:55 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• This will be my first year! there was a magazine I got at the store filled with ideas on packaging & treats! i'm excited because we never know what to get for the older relatives who don't "need" anything! Perfect idea...I'm definitely planning to make homemade marshmallows in little bags & tins filled with goodies...decorated with pretty bows, scrap booking stickers & more! Also, there was a recipe for dog biscuits...I'm butting those in Pringles cans wrapped in pretty paper, with small collars around them for small dogs...& coffee cans with big collars for big dogs! Great for the dog lovers!
    CayShek

Answer by CayShek at 7:42 PM on Nov. 9, 2010