McCain doesn't even think Obama is a Socialist!

For all of those who keep saying Obama is a socialist...
Please explain why twice last week John McCain himself, said Obama is NOT a Socialist.
Why would McCain deny it if it's true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• he may say that he doesn't think obama is a socialist but the ads he approves and his runningmate say the complete opposite.
    not to mention what mccain supporters are saying...
    oh and don't forget that mccain also said he couldn't care less about a washed up terrorist but clearly, he cares quite a bit.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 3:09 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

But good luck getting a factual answer.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 11:24 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• i'm guessing he's trying to save face.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:24 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Here's a link to the Youtube video, just in case people ask you for a source =]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2ZGnM2oku8

And that is NOT propaganda, just so ya'll know. It's an interview with Larry King, and the very first question he asked was "You don't believe Obama is a socialist, do you?" And McCain clearly says "NO."

So don't say he never said it, people. There's the proof.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:26 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• caitxrawks Thanks for the link. I was too lazy to look for it!
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 11:29 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I listed my reasons for thinking Obama is a socialist in the other question. I am the Anon on the first page with Obama's direct quotes. I don't care what McCain thinks, Obama has socialistic tendencies. His most frightening for me is the National Civilian Security Force...that is a sure sign of socialism. (that and he has voted to the left side of things more times than a self proclaimed socialist has in the Senate, he is a socialist. Just listen to him).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• HE IS NOT A SOCIALIST. people just don't like paying taxes so they complain about it and try to scare others into not voting for him
    nocensorship

Answer by nocensorship at 1:21 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• SOCIALIST, SOCIALIST, SOCIALIST!!! Its more than his tax plan. Its his health care, his security force, his desire to "bankrupt" the coal industry, and his tax plan, that make him a slimeball socialist!!! Oh that and how he has talked about how much he enjoys reading Marxist materials.
    Anonymous

• nocensorship HE IS NOT A SOCIALIST. people just don't like paying taxes so they complain about it and try to scare others into not voting for him

Well, since you LIKE paying taxes I can't wait for you to share your wealth with me!! YAY!!! :) Someone who doesn't mind giving the Government money. How much do you make? So I can go ahead and plan my budget?

Anonymous

• Palin is socialist too.
    Anonymous