Potty training!.....

Just wondering what is the oldest age you started to potty train? did you use pull ups, diapers, or no diapers? I feel 3 years old is to old to try to think of starting to potty train. That's when they should be ready to go to preschool at least. Not just stay in diapers and stay at home with stay at home mom. Just My Opinion. I was a stay at home mom, but my first child I didn't wait till 3 years old to start potty training and my son well, I was working already and he was ready to go! No diapers or pull ups at preschool. Isn't required to be potty trained to attend preschool anyways.?

808tiare

Asked by 808tiare at 6:01 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• I started at 3 with my kids. My youngest was 3 1/4.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:44 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Mompam are you a stay at home mom?
    808tiare

Comment by 808tiare (original poster) at 6:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My kids potty trained themselves around the age of three. Much less stress. For half of them I was a SAHM, for the rest I was an insanely busy working single mom. If they are not potty trained, they probably aren't ready for formal school anyway. Why rush it? Daycare was fun for my kids. Kids don't grow by happy averages - they are all different. When they are in high school, you can barely remember this issue - it becomes a non-issue - so I would advise any mom NOT to stress it.
    mommyx9

Answer by mommyx9 at 7:21 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My daughter is 2 and potty trained I started at the age of 1 1/2 with the help of my bff
    HaZeLxxeYeS

Answer by HaZeLxxeYeS at 8:31 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• oh and with panties no pullups so they will know that peeing or pooping is not acceptable lol
    HaZeLxxeYeS

Answer by HaZeLxxeYeS at 8:32 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• We started around 18 months with both girls.... they weren't really trained o until about 3 years old anyway
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 10:01 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• It was never an issue for any of my kids, they knew what potty was at an early age, I always used the bathroom with my door open, and they saw that it was just natural, a fact of life. I had a potty in the bathroom, and sometimes they came and sat down with me. I will say that I used pullups during potty training, because I knew that accidents happen pretty quickly when I was out and about, and there wasn't always going to be a restroom handy. If I was stuck in traffic, and the urge struck them to pee, what then? Or...this is embarassing , the time I was in the store and he just had on his regular underwear, and a loose romper, he walked away from me and when I went around the corner of the aisle to find him, he was standing there with a bemused look on his face and a pile of shit on the floor, he had told me he had to go, and I said in a minute honey, a minute later was too late!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 6:39 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Wow mama alice that was a serious lesson in potty training....thanks for sharing.
    808tiare

Comment by 808tiare (original poster) at 5:47 PM on Nov. 18, 2010