Nap time with 2 toddlers?

I'm a SAHM, first time mother of a 13 month old daughter. We will be babysitting a friend's kid the same age 3 times a week just for a month. Just wondering - what tricks have you learned in dealing with multiple tots? They get along like siblings, already. They play with each other, holler at each other, steal the other's toys, and can't leave each other alone. That part is awesome. They are both about the same activity level and enjoy books more than anything. But what about naps? What about...?? I don't know. I don't even know what to ask. What do I need to know?

Airamana

Asked by Airamana at 6:10 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have them nap either in different rooms or put one down first. Not sure what to ask other than does so and so nap? How do you get so an so to nap?
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 6:25 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• multiple toddlers are fun. i was a toddler teacher at a daycare, and loved it.. plan activities such as wet chalk on paper, simple little things will amaze them, and its easy to clean.. learn transition songs.. such as "open them shut them turn around now its time to sit down" or something so they get into the habit of going from activity to activity. and KEEP THE ROUTINE.. toddlers, babies, children of all ages NEED ROUTINES!!!! hope it helps
    AhmanisSoldier

Answer by AhmanisSoldier at 9:05 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• also, having a lullaby, and designated spot to lay down will help alot... and be firm with it, if one tries to play or get up, reinforce no sweetie, its nap time.. you have to lay down...
    AhmanisSoldier

Answer by AhmanisSoldier at 9:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I put them in different rooms. My son is 2 and my niece is almost 2. (i watch my nieces) They usually go right to sleep!
    bcbmami

Answer by bcbmami at 10:07 AM on Nov. 10, 2010