should i be concerned?

Holy cow, my uterus is rock hard right now, I don't feel anything but a little bit of back pain....and as some of you know I had posted up about my baby not moving much, she still isn't moving a whole lot, but she is moving a little bit more than before which makes me relieved...

Now I'm thinking that maybe she's descending or perhaps my body is going into labor...? I'm waiting for a call back from the doctor for the fetal movement thing, but I checked my belly and jeez...It feels reallly hard and it feels like I've eaten a Thanksgiving dinner.

It feels a lot like the pressure I had when I delivered my first baby with an epidural, no pain just a lot of pressure. Not sure what to think ??

MissesRoyalty

Asked by MissesRoyalty at 6:13 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you're full term labor is very likely. I didn't feel my contractions at all for a while, they were just showing on the monitors and my belly would be hard.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 6:16 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• im almost full term, ill be 36 weeks on friday. =O might have to keep ringing my doctor (she hasnt responded yet)
    MissesRoyalty

Comment by MissesRoyalty (original poster) at 6:21 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I had back labor with my 2nd baby-- felt like a small backache for about a day. By the time the contractions made their way to my abdomen, I almost didn't make it to the hospital! You might be on your way to full-on labor.
    wenchmommy381

Answer by wenchmommy381 at 6:27 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• definitely wouldn't mind going into labor, but oh my gosh wouldnt want to barely make it to the hospital lol! i have a feeling she's going to be just a few weeks early, so i wouldnt be surprised but was unsure if this could be labor at all or not
    MissesRoyalty

Comment by MissesRoyalty (original poster) at 6:31 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• It's not really a great thing for you to go into labor right now. While doctors consider 36 weeks to be to be a relatively safe time period, your baby still has a chance of having underdeveloped lungs or sucking reflex. Are you sure it's not Braxton Hicks? That's how mine felt.... HARD belly. GL!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 7:04 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• no, not braxton hicks. i can tell they aren't them for sure (only been having real contractions this whole pregnancy) and they gave my baby a shot back when i was contracting around 34 weeks, and they said her lungs and all were looking "promising" as far as if she came early.
    MissesRoyalty

Comment by MissesRoyalty (original poster) at 7:18 PM on Nov. 9, 2010