Nintendo DS or DSi? If you have two kids do they need their own?

We don't own a single video gaming device. Considering the DS for a long flight to Europe. The kids are 8 years old. Is this appropriate? I don't know a thing about gaming and didn't want to cave but I think it's time. Any advice would help. Is the DS the only portable option out there? Why is the DSi better? Thanks!

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 6:16 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Entertainment

• My brother's kids both have a DSi and he recommends the DSi b/c you can download the games right on the device (where ever wireless is available I think). He said that the cartridges are small and expensive and after his kids lost a couple he just started downloading games right onto the device. I think you will probably need two of them if you have two kids b/c they will probably just argue about whose using it when and also the games may save at a certain level and that could cause another argument. I guess it really depends on how well your kids get along and their ages though.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 6:20 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• The Dsi we just ordered for our daughter is something she can take pictures with and we can download games I hope she really likes it It is costing enough there will be 2 games that comes with ours
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:25 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I just ordered the Ds for my 8 year old daughter for Christmas. I have never been into gaming stuff but we make lots of trips and we thought it might help her past the long trips. If you can get them to share 1 would be fine. I don't know how your kids are about sharing though. Have FUN!!
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:20 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I would recommend you get one for each. My kids are just fine with a regular second hand DS.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 6:25 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• here is a thought, you could go to the pawn shop and buy 2 of them for the price of one new one but yeah the dsI is better because it connects to the internet and the other does not
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:13 AM on Nov. 10, 2010