My neck hurts!

I think I slept on my neck wrong or possible twisted it while lifting my 3 year old. I'm 16 weeks pregnant. Is Tylenol my only option for pain relief? It's killing me! LOL

blainesmommy03

Asked by blainesmommy03 at 11:25 AM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• um, yes...unless you call your doc. example, I had to go to the emergency room because I had a abcessed tooth - for over a week my mouth felt like it had been punched in by a brick and the tylenol just wasn't cutting it.They prescribed me vicodine, but i was also 33 weeks.....and i felt guilty taking it, i think i only took 1/2 pill for 2 days....just let your neck relax, TRY A HEAT PAD - they do miracles...like i said - you could be in more pain! :) good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Yess, I was going to say trying a heating pad or an ice pack. Take some tylenol, it might help, it might not. I've dealt with horrible neck pain every now and then for a few years now, I crack my neck bones because I'm stupid LOL. And try massaging the area every now and then, you probably just have a "crick" in it from twisting it the wrong way. If it doesn't go away for a few days, you could call your doctor and they could tell you what to do :D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:37 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• heat will inflame it if that's all you use. Alternate Ice-Heat-Ice for 20 mins each. Be careful!
    CNLueck

Answer by CNLueck at 11:52 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Yes, but you can use a heating pad... as long as its no where near your belly :)
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 2:08 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• You can try and see a chiropractor. Tynelnol is the only thing that you can take.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 3:10 PM on Nov. 2, 2008