If you believe in extra-terrestrials, do you believe they are bound by the same afterlife we are?

I mean, if you believe in the whole Heaven & Hell thing, do you think Aliens have the same afterlife destinations? Or if you believe in reincarnation or whatever other afterlife you believe in... Do you believe those living on other planets or in other universes have the same afterlife as those on earth?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 6:23 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No. i believe they'd be almost immortal so dying wouldn't be an option.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:24 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• No. Never put much thought into it but since they arent humans on earth I imagine they have their own set of beliefs and ideas and laws, etc.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:26 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• If they are creations of God, which I think they are, then yes. I think we're all connected, especially if we were colonized by Andromeda.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:26 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I dont know but you have made a good point to think about.
    bhoward87

Answer by bhoward87 at 6:27 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Sorry, I know, weird question... But I just watched Independence Day and this is what happens when I get bored and start thinking...

I have very firm beliefs about the afterlife, and I also believe in life beyond earth... But I don't know what I think of THEIR afterlife...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 6:35 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Im not sure what to believe anymore, but history show us mining mars and said that things came down to mine for gold. They the work was too hard so they made creators to mind for them. I don't know if I want to belive we where made to be slaves. They showed how there writing means the same thing as our bible
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 6:50 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I BELIEVE that yes, of course there are other "life forms" out there. As Carl Sagan said, if this planet is the only one with life on it, what an incredible waste of space. My beliefs would have to rephrase your question - we are not "bound" by any afterlife - the permanent home for our soul is a place of freedom. For further insight into this, please consider reading Michael Newton's Journey of Souls.
    mommyx9

Answer by mommyx9 at 7:05 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I just think everything is energy and at death that energy goes back to being part of the sum of energy in the universe... I don't believe in an ego or self that survives physical death. I believe that if aliens exist, the same holds true for them... though I bet they would have as many mythologies and religions about it as we do.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:42 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Have you read C.S. Lewis' Cosmic Space Trilogy?
    It has some very interesting ideas about aliens and how they could be related to us and God. They are a Christian perspective of course.
    I don't want to ruin the books by telling you all about them, but they are a great read.
    http://www.amazon.com/COSMIC-TRILOGY-Perelandra-Hideous-Strength/dp/0330313746
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 10:47 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Everything that is, is God. So yes, I think they are subject to the same laws of the universe (god) that we are. I don't believe in heaven and hell though.
    circle_of_life

Answer by circle_of_life at 8:18 AM on Nov. 10, 2010