should i trust them

we recently moved and made friends with someone just over the road, she is married and has kids but recently it seems my husband just wants to come home n spend time with her and not me i'm pregnant and we already have a 14month old, she was texting him the other day when i was in with my obgyn cos he wasnt allowed and he was texting back but when i tried to look the messages had been deleted, should i trust them or is there something going on

angelbaby1323

Asked by angelbaby1323 at 6:36 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Uh, no. Listen to your gut.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:38 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• It's odd. Trust your instincts.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 6:39 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Why would be be wanting to spend time with a neighbor? It seems completely strange that neighbors would be texting each other like that. And if she talks to him more than she talks to you, there is a major problem in my eyes. I'm sorry. It sounds crazy and I can imagine your worry.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 6:40 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Whether he's actually cheating or not, his behavior is making you think he is. You need to talk to him and tell him how you're feeling (don't accuse, just communicate). This way, he can realize what he's doing and stop it.
    Trying to go behind him and look at his cell phone is sneaky and beneath you. It also shows that you already don't trust him.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 6:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Red Flags if you ask me. Trust your woman powers (your gut). Whether or not anything has happened the texting needs to STOP because look at the problems that it has caused already. He needs to know how you feel and you need to know why he thinks it is ok to be texting with her and then hiding it from you (deleting the texts) yeah thats not suspicious or anything is it! If she is someone that you talk to regularly I would tell her how it makes you feel that she has been texting your husband.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 6:56 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Honey...all sorts of alarms are going off in my head and I'm not even his wife.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 7:18 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• i have just gone over and told him he needs to be in the next 20mintues or not to be even bother coming back at all
    angelbaby1323

Comment by angelbaby1323 (original poster) at 7:21 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I would definately confront him about the texting. Communication is crucial in a relationship and if I was in your shoes I would address the issue and tell him what you are feeling and I would not only address the issue with him, I would address it to both of them face to face at the same time. See and hear the reactions first hand and go from
    there. If they are only friends why hide conversations? Also if she is married her spouse needs to be part of the conversation also. That way everyone can express their feelings. He has a right to know and express his feelings on the issue too. You may find out your not the only one suspicious of their actions!
    Momof2kidz104

Answer by Momof2kidz104 at 7:23 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Listen to the others.  Before the days of texting, and facebook, etc., I had a "gut feeling" that my then-husband was fooling around. He began not coming home on time, and "worked" every Saturday. The last straw was him coming home late when we were going  to the viewing of our daughter's (age 6) best friend at the funeral home.  He came whistling up the driveway just like nothing was wrong.   It didn't take me long to pack up a few clothes for him, and refuse to let him back in the house. He went straight to the girlfriend and moved in with her.  (Sorry for the rant.)  Don't let this go on any further. Talk to him first, then do what is best for you and your children.

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 7:23 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I would say trust your gut feeling. Why is he erasing the messages if he has nothing to hide?
    SheIsMySunrise

Answer by SheIsMySunrise at 7:45 PM on Nov. 9, 2010