What kind of infant car seat do you have and do you like it?

I'm looking for the right car seat for me and my soon to be new born. What kind of infant car seat do you have or have you had and what were the pros and cons to it?

Sonnyswife

Asked by Sonnyswife at 6:41 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sorry.. I don't know, but here's a bump for you.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 6:50 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I had a Chicco Keyfit30 AND LOVED IT!! It is sooooooooo simple to use, and isn't very heavy.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 6:55 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• We also had Chicco Keyfit 30, and loved it! I can't think of any cons except that they will probably outgrow it around 30 inches tall or 30 lbs whichever comes first (but that is a higher maximum that many other car seats out there). We chose it because Chicco (pronounced key-co) had an excellent safety record and the base was easier to use than any others we saw. We had one car seat, and a base for each car.

Chicco USA KeyFit 30
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 7:28 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• We have a travel system from baby trends. It's fine. I hate all car seats bc DD cries in every single one.

If I had to do over again,I would have one of the lay flat new born seats that put the baby completely on the back.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:55 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• We had the Chicco Keyfit 30 and loved it too! I got the travel system and was happy with everything!
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 8:58 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Maxi Cosi Mico nice car seat awesome colors,rated high in safety,newborn head protection Cons:heavy Congrats on your pregnancy
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:06 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I have the Evenflo Aura travel system and I really like it, especially the way the handle on the carseat is. It is also rated from 5 pounds, which was great because my dd was right at 6 pounds when we left the hospital.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I have the graco snugride 32.
    Pros:
    It has an insert to help them fit while smaller and also some shoulder strappies to make it more comfy for baby.
    The base has a lock for around the seatbelt and an adjuster foot so that you can make sure it's right, and a level indicator
    Multi postitional shade
    Rated to 32 lbs and 32 inches, which is good since by boy was born at almost 9 pounds.
    Cons:
    A bit on the heavy side
    I don't like the handle, I'd have preffered a different style that was more easy to hold onto
    Pretty pricey at around $150.00
    Overall I really enjoy this one very much, it's way better than the Cosco I had with my first child which I HATED the whole travel system and now refuse to buy their products. If given the choice I'd totaly buy this carseat agian.
    http://www.gracobaby.com/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=1756125 more info can be found here.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 11:51 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Sidenote becuase I was running out of room.I also have the double in this set pattern and the packnplay both of which I also love. The only thing I don't have in this set is the highchair becuase I still have the old one from my first child and while I'd love to have the whole matching thing going I'm also a realist and there are other places I'd like to spend that money. But really this set is awesome.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 11:53 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• We had a Graco Snug Ride (same car seat for both kids) and LOVED it! We also had the base and stroller to complete the travel system.
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 11:57 PM on Nov. 9, 2010