Why does my 6 month old wake up every night at 3 am and think it's time to play?

LogansMamma0511

Asked by LogansMamma0511 at 6:53 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• depends on what time it goes to bed try giving a bottle around 10pm and see if that works
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 7:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• If it's not time for a feeding keep the room dark and try to soothe him/her back to sleep. They have to learn that night time is sleep time.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:11 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• If they are playing leave them be. My son does this at times and if he is not crying and is up we don't even go in his room. That way he don't think that every time he makes noise we will go running in there.
    Rhiannon1980

Answer by Rhiannon1980 at 8:20 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My son is the same age and has been doing that for 3 weeks now. I used to pick him up and rock him back to sleep, now i give him back his Nuk and he has been falling back to sleep on his own. I feel your pain, I think it is just a growth spurt thing!
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 8:56 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• i agree with soothing him back to sleep.. the child may seem young but better to get the routine started earlier.. also agreeing on trying a later bedtime for the night.. the child may be playing just to keep himself awake.. if he continues, try not putting him to bed with a bottle, then when he wakes up, you can use a bottle to ease him back to dreamland?!
    AhmanisSoldier

Answer by AhmanisSoldier at 11:51 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• He isn't a sleeper at all. He naps for only 45 min. a time at the most 3 times a day. I feed him his cereal/oatmeal at five then give him a bath at 6 and then bottle and bed at 7:30. He wakes up for good at 5:30 am and then stays awake for about an hour and then takes a nap for 45 min. This is something that he has just started recently. I just took him to the doctor and found out that he has an ear infection in both ears so I dunno if that is what's causing him to wake up.
    LogansMamma0511

Comment by LogansMamma0511 (original poster) at 9:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2010