Somebody, ANYBODY???!!! Help, PLEASE.. adult content

For the last couple of yrs I've had extreme abdominal pain, so severe that I've had to pull over driving & I was doubled over in my seat. I have had an internal bleed, which the Dr "assumed" was from bleeding ulcers or my hiatial hernia (idk if I spelled it right) but I had gastritis, colitis.. Anything else?? I was 18 when all of this occured.. however, I never use the bathroom. I went 6 weeks & only did #2 one time! This is not normal! & the Dr told me it was normal for a girl my age?? I'm no Dr, But I'm not stupid either. I go weeks without using the bathroom & I know I've got to be literally fully of $h*T. LOL. They did an xray & it showed that I was impacted, but just gave me stool softeners. I've used all kinds of things OTC & prescribed & they don't work that well without giving me a bad stomach ache. Idk what to do... has anyone had this problem before or can anyone help????

ManthaCole9406

Asked by ManthaCole9406 at 7:24 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Health

• GET A NEW DOCTOR!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 7:26 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• If I didn't go for that long and nothing was working, i'd go to ER.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 7:27 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Thats what I'm trying to do.. I want to go to Raleigh, a bigger city thats about 3 hrs away but I've gota find a doctor there that will take my insurance. I hate this, I just wanna be normal & use the bathroom like normal people do & not have to worry about all these problems. My stomach swells when I eat & i feel like a fat pig.
    ManthaCole9406

Comment by ManthaCole9406 (original poster) at 7:28 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• 1. What do you eat/ drink?
    2. You need to see a GI specialist, a "gastroenterologist".
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:28 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• how old are you? this does not sound normal at all, i would go n get a second opinion, i dont wanna rant here but doctors are stupid when i was pregnant with my daughter i told them i couldnt breath at times or i was getting out of breath when i wasnt even doing anything they just said it was heartburn cos i was pregnant i went in 7weeks early with contractions and 2days later im still in the hospital and i cant even breath come to find out all along it was pneumonia i was sedated and put on a ventilator and given a c section 14months down the road i can say im here and good job i was in the hospital n they told my doctors they were stupid for not thinking
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 7:31 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Look at the website for your insurance and see the doctors who are their providers.. You can search by specialty, usually zipcode, etc.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:32 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I would definitely say go to the doctor before you take anything over the counter. I don't know what some things would do to you if you do have an impaction. I know that Milk of Magnesia works wonders, but stay in the house until you go! Have you ever tried it? If you do decide to take it, I would take the largest dose possible to get the maximum effect. BUT I'm obviously not a doctor. You should probably talk to one before taking anything. By the way if you have not taken Milk of Mag it does not give you stomach cramps, at least I have never known it to.
    elismom122003

Answer by elismom122003 at 7:35 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I have taken milk of magnesia with castor oil + a childs enema all together & it did nothing.. i am only 20 & this has been going on since I was 18. & the doctor that I went to was a GI specialist, however, he has nicked about 4 girls colons taking out gallbladders & doing colonoscopies.. Thank god he didn't do this with my colonoscopy.. The main thing that I eat is grilled chicken.. I don't have a set diet, which I should.. I eat prunes & they help, but they can't do but so much bc if that medicine mixed together above ^ didn't work, idk what will!!! The only other thing I have taken is Mag Citrate & it really helped, but it is a stimulant & the dr told me not to take it often bc my colon would get dependant. They told me if I didnt start going regularly, I would have to have a colostomy bag & I DO NOT WANT THAT!!! A pretty blonde headed nurse walking in ur room with that wouldn't be too cute!
    ManthaCole9406

Comment by ManthaCole9406 (original poster) at 7:44 PM on Nov. 9, 2010