Here's a deep quesiton I have thought about....

Do you think it is ever possible that there are souls that are really not supposed to be born..A true "accident"? I think we all have a purpose or a reason for being here no matter if your 'good' or 'bad', but what if a soul is born that shouldn't of been. Obviously most devout Christians won't believe in the idea of this, but i'm curious to all responses?

Roisin07

Asked by Roisin07 at 8:06 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• You know, i don't have an answer but you have given me something to think about and ask others.... :)
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 8:08 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Maybe. I'd rather believe there are those born WITHOUT a soul,or after you start doing really bad things,God removes it.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:09 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I have also thought about this question.... and i have often found my self thinking about the babies that die of CIDS or "miscarriages" ... something of that sort.. and maybe that is gods way of getting them back if there soul is not ready to "be born"..
    sondra87

Answer by sondra87 at 8:13 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I often meet someone that I wish hadn't been born!LOL But no, I don't believe in "accidents", I believe that God has a plan, and that everyone born is part of that plan. It's just that some of us take a wrong turn sometimes, or are started down the wrong path during our childhood...But I believe that there is no sin so great that God won't forgive it, we just have to ask.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 8:14 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• i think you are born a blank soul..your soul is something you create with life (yourself..kinda like personality or your spirit)..it leaves with you but isnt born to you..i think there are impressions early in life that help create your soul
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:17 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• No,because if you believe in God as the creator, he makes no mistakes.
    sondaughter312

Answer by sondaughter312 at 8:21 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I haven't really thought of that before. I'm not sure if it is the "soul" that wasn't ready to be born, but the world wasn't ready for that soul, like how theres a divine plan for every living thing, and it just wasn't time for that soul to bless the waiting world with its' presence. I don't know for sure, but that definately opened my eyes to see a new light and silver lining in regards to my miscarriage (07/07/10) I had. Thankfully I a pregnant again, 3 weeks and 6 days to be exact :)
    Johnnysxangel

Answer by Johnnysxangel at 8:22 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Funny, I was talking about something very similar to this with my bff today. We were talking about Susan Smith and said that with her "act" she brought post-partum depression to the forefront and allowed it to be a diagnosable disease.
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 8:22 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• No I do not believe this at all.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• No, I don't think so. In some way or another we all affect others around us, so even if there would be someone who may not have their OWN purpose, they would still be a part of someone else's life and further them to their purpose...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:59 PM on Nov. 9, 2010