saving your 1st childs things?

I was wondering what yall did with your babies clothing, bottles, walkers, etc. when they out grew them?
I plan on having one more baby (a girl, I hope!) but that wont be for a few years (I hope...). We are buying a very small home and I have no where to store a lot of unused baby things. I don't want to get rid of it bc I dont like rebuying things...
What should I keep and what should get rid of?

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 11:58 AM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had a few huge plastic totes with all of my son's things. The bigger things we had in a spare room. When they ended up taking up too much space, I sold them... and wouldn't you know! The next month I found out I was prego, lol. I'd say, save onesies, pj's, any neutral clothing, or any super cute outfits you can't bear to part with. Bottles, and any little extras that you couldn't do without for your first.
    JDanesMommy

Answer by JDanesMommy at 12:03 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I just started to get rid of my baby things. I have two boys, ages almost 4 years old and 21 months old. We are waiting until the youngest is 4 before we start trying for another baby. We live in an apartment and have no storage space, so I am getting rid of it. Some of it I have given away or donated, like their clothes, and other items, I have sold through Craig's List, like my crib, changing table, pack and play. Even though the items were used through two children, they were in good enough condition to be able to sell them. (Lord knows we needed the money too!)
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 12:06 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Then there some items that I have kept and won't get rid of like the first outfits that my son's wore home, or this baby nightgown that both of my son's wore. Just more like keepsake items. The way I see it, a crib and pack and play and Jumperoo can be replaced, and by the time we do want to TTC, we should have newer stuff anyway. JMO. But if you do want to hang on to some stuff like the crib, maybe get a storage unit, just a small one that you can put all the baby stuff in?
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 12:07 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• We got rid of any big things that did not fold flat. We kept all the clothes and the nicer toys. You could also try asking your parents to store stuff for you.
    CNLueck

Answer by CNLueck at 12:32 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I donate most of my son's toys and clothes to a local women's shelter. My son is one, i plan on having more kids in a year or two, but i don't like the idea of a ton of clothes that my kid wore once (or not at all) sitting in my garage for an unknown amount of time when there are other people who could be getting use out of them.
    I keep the toys that he played with a lot and also a few outfits and pajamas that I love, but other than that- sionara! Also, I am keeping his exersaucer and jumperoo. Although they are big, they were expensive! The jumperoo disassembles and fits into a plastic storage bin. I also offer my bigger items (exersaucer/jumperoo) to my sister and friends when they have kids (just to borrow)- that way they're out of my house, but i know i'll get them back.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 1:03 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Do you already have a girl... If not, you can get rid of boy clothes, and keep universal ones... I would keep pajamas, and onezies... As far as toys, I wouldn't keep em.... When you have a new baby, they only play with a few anyways, and you will probably be getting them for shower/Christmas gifts.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 2:27 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I kept a few things and got rid of some things to, i kept some of my sons clothes, and jumparoo,playpen,and a couple other things that i cant remember, but you can always keep some things and get rid of some things, its really up to you..
    mblucky

Answer by mblucky at 9:25 PM on Nov. 2, 2008