My two year has a bad temper any help

I tell her no She rolls her eyes at me and she yells if I hit her she just laughs and says oh that tickles then I put her on the steps for time out and she acts like someone is killing her I don't know if having to different homes is messing with her (her dad and I are no longer together) he has her for 3days idk

HaZeLxxeYeS

Asked by HaZeLxxeYeS at 8:17 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• I've been waiting to pass this on today.  I read this in the newspaper this morning.  This "Play Therapist" devoloped a new form of discipline for a strong willed child.  Maybe it will help you:  http://www.semissourian.com/story/1679247.html

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:26 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• my boyfriend also shares custoday w/ his bb momma.. he gets her 4 days a week.. make sure both houses are on the same level with discipline.. otherwise, its a rough battle.. also, if the tantrums are really bad, instead of punishing right away, try to look deeper, its very hard, and it may be easier for someone thats not related to help you out with this.. it may be the child has learned something wrongful, has been emotionally hurt by something.. but rest assured, most kids i know no matter what age act like they are dying when in time out.. there are many different ways to punish a child, but laying down the rules, and not budging .. well i give you tons of props sweetie!!!!!
    AhmanisSoldier

Answer by AhmanisSoldier at 12:05 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I agree with ahmanis soldier ... personally I have just walked away from my kids when they threw tantrums...and they never had many after they realized it wasn't working
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:10 AM on Nov. 10, 2010