How long would YOU ttc with no luck before giving up...

I have a friend who has been trying for 6 years. She is now 33. I could not imagine...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• My DH and I tried for 3 years on our own before doing fertility treatments. I have PCOS, and they suggested we do IVF, but like your friend, we found it WAY to expensive for us. Instead, we elected to do rounds of clomid paired witha trigger shot and an IUI. Because she is tilted, they could still do the IUI, becuase all they have to do is insert the tube to the opening and let the little guys do their job from there. Plus, with the IUI they wash the sperm, so apparently, even if your guy doesn't have issues, it still makes the guys swim faster and better. It took us 9 rounds of doing them, but finally we concieved, and our baby boy is due in February. We spent a lot less than an attempt at IVF, and we still managed to reach our goal. They might want to look into something like that and see if their doctor thinks it could work for them. Wishing them the best of luck!
    Erin_Jus

Answer by Erin_Jus at 9:44 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• has she tried getting herself and her boyfriend/husband checked out
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 8:26 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• They have. It is her. her uterus is severely tilted. She could get Pregnant through invitro but they can't afford it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:31 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Alot of women get pregnant after stopping to ttc. Maybe it's the stress of it all.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:31 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I'm not sure. I would probably TTC for a couple of years, take a break for a year or two, then TTC again. I would probably keep trying until I was between 30 and 35. I would definitely stop TTC after that.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:37 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I tried for 11 and 1/2 years and poof surprise...I had given up but now we have a beautiful little man...now we are trying for one more just to even the field LOL

4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 11:39 PM on Nov. 9, 2010