skin question

My 18 mon old son has had these pimple like bumps on his stomach for a few weeks =( They dont' seem to bother him at all. But They look like they're leaving scars as they heal...he was just at the docs she gave steroid cream, but its not doing anything. He has no fever or other symptoms. No new detergent diaper soaps etc

Apr1l

Asked by Apr1l at 8:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm a pediatric nurse. I go to a dermatologist who used to be a pediatrician and she changed specialties because kids get so many rashes/skin things....LOL....she couldn't diagnose them properly as a pedi and I'm finding that a lot in kids that I see.
    So, I have no answers for you and I don't want you to think poorly of your doc. As long as the bumps are bothering your ds, I'd just leave them alone. Even if they look like they are scarring, very often scars fade in those very young kids, that you won't be able to see them well after awhile.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:23 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I appreciate your input kjrn79, its just that the things I'm finding online are suggesting the child get tested for mrsa or staph?!
    Apr1l

Comment by Apr1l (original poster) at 8:25 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I was too lazy to read any of the other answers, but maybe the soap is too harsh? many kids i have been around when i leave them in soapy water for more than .25 seconds it seems to leave little rashes? hope it helps
    AhmanisSoldier

Answer by AhmanisSoldier at 8:49 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• bag balm
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:12 PM on Nov. 12, 2010