Enlarged lungs on chest X-Ray?

About 10 days ago I went in for a chest X-ray as a follow up to having pneumonia...they told me they were making sure that the infection was gone. Anyways, today I was told that X-ray showed I have enlarged lungs. Apparently this can be the result of taking a big breath and holding it which is what I was told to do OR it can be an indicator of serious lung disease. I am going to be sent to get a pulmonary function test. My doctor says it is most likely nothing as I have no other signs of lung disease and am only 40.
Has anyone been told a chest X-ray showed enlarged lungs...undergone further testing to find it was nothing?

bookworm23

Asked by bookworm23 at 8:23 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Health

• My husbands lungs are very large, they call it runners lungs, he has been jogging for years, do you jog?

Answer by older at 8:35 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Not anymore but I did for awhile.
    bookworm23

Comment by bookworm23 (original poster) at 8:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2010