vicodin during pregnancy

can anyone tell me about vicodin use during pregnancy or if you knew someone who took it? I took it for before I knew I was pregnant and that was in the middle of my second trimester. I was prescribed it and I didn't abuse it. Most of the time I took one a day and at the most it was 4, but that was only for a few days. Generally, I only took about one a day. My doctor doesn't seem too worried, but I am soooo worried. Can anyone tell me their experience or someone elses? Was the baby ok?

britthoch2010

Asked by britthoch2010 at 8:23 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I should add on too that I don't smoke, I don't drink, I eat healthy, and take a multivitamin daily.
    britthoch2010

Comment by britthoch2010 (original poster) at 8:28 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Don't worry. I broke my foot and had gallbladder attacks during one pregnancy and I was on percocet and vicodin, and morphine at times.. both prescribed by my doctor.
    My last pregnancy i had round ligament pain and was not able to walk anymore. Doc gave me vicodin to take at night. Neither of my children had any issues at birth.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:28 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• www.safefetus.com is a good website to look up side effects of certain meds while pregnant. http://www.safefetus.com/DrugDetail.asp?DrugId=1133&TradeName=Vicodin&TradeId=2719 

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 12:57 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Its ok they prescribed me vicodin when I was around 30 weeks and then on Monday they prescribed me percocet.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 1:02 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I was wondering the same thing because at night I am in so much pain that I can't sleep. My doctor prescribed both Ambien and Vicodin and I did not fulfill the Ambien Rx- but used the Vicodin. I started on the suggested dosage- 1 every 4 hours for two days, but then my husband broke the tablets in half and I began using only at night so that I could sleep. I'd take half before I went to bed, and then would take the other half in the middle of the night when I'd wake to use the restroom.
    My doctor refilled my Vicodin perscription to last me through the next week, until I can be safe at 39 weeks to check to see if I've dilated to at least 2cm, and then they can induce me so that I'm no longer in pain and that I'm not having to take the medicine much longer for the baby's sake.
    I'm scared too, but I was told by my doctor and another in her practice that the dosage is small and that my body is using the majority.
    wrightae

Answer by wrightae at 11:53 PM on Nov. 18, 2010