4 weeks post csection possible infection?

I'm in pain my incesion is red and I have a burning feeling on it what do they do if it is infected should I wait for my 6 wk apt or make one tomorrow I'm worried bc I had no problems after my first but if been in constant pain since I had her I'm still on pain meds just a lower script and it isn't helping

Kre10

Asked by Kre10 at 8:27 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Do you have a fever? I would call and get it checked out ASAP. If it is getting infected (or already infected) you don't want to wait. That kind of infection can eventually lead to Sepsis and you really don't want that. Good Luck. I hope you feel better soon.
    5BabyBees

Answer by 5BabyBees at 8:30 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• my scar was red for a while but no infection get it checked dont wait, even a year on i still check my scar and make sure its okay
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 8:36 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Mine was also red for quite a while with no infection but i'd def get it checked out just incase. Have you been taking showers or baths?? I soaked in a bath once during my recovery and it made it alot worse afterwards
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• If it's bothering you that badly, it probably is a good idea to get it checked out.

Best Wishes, and congrats on your new arrival!

www.ErikaCarrillo.com

mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 8:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2010