saving your 1st childs things?

I was wondering what yall did with your babies clothing, bottles, walkers, etc. when they out grew them?
I plan on having one more baby (a girl, I hope!) but that wont be for a few years (I hope...). We are buying a very small home and I have no where to store a lot of unused baby things. I don't want to get rid of it bc I dont like rebuying things...
What should I keep and what should get rid of?

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 11:59 AM on Nov. 2, 2008 in General Parenting

• We have shops here called Kid to Kid. They BUY used baby clothing and items in GOOD condition. If I didn't have the space I would probably sell the items and have the money on hand. Then I would go back and buy items I needed if I had another child.
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 1:41 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I would get rid of clothes unless they hold a significant meaning (first outfit they came home in, etc)

I am sure that when it comes time to weed out some of her stuff, I will keep her swing and her crib, some of the sentimental toys and clothing, and that's probably about it. Bottles,pacifiers, etc. can go into one little box for storage...

I guess it really depends on how much room you really have and what you can reuse. For example, my daughter slept in a cradle next to my bed for about 2 months. I do not want to get rid of it, it was hand made. So when she is a little older (2-3) and playing with dolls and such, it will go into her room for her babies. Same as some of her infant bottles that she ended up not using/liking, those too will go to her dolls.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:36 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Keep only what you cannot easily replace.
    MamaOfB

Answer by MamaOfB at 4:12 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I kept almost everything LOL! My girls are 2 yrs. old, and I'm still weeding out there baby clothes (partly b/c one of them is a tiny little thing and can still fit into 6-9mo clothes LOL!). But I kept the swing, bouncer, crib, mattress, stroller, car seat, and a few random toys that had meaning to us. I did sell most of the little baby clothing items (kept a few that had meaning), getting ready to give the bottles to a friend (they've been recycled through various friends and family. I'm with you...I didn't want to have to RE-buy all that stuff if we have another baby. I like PP's idea...sell them at a resale shop, save the money, and then if you have another baby, you can use that money to buy some new/used things if you don't have room to store all your stuff.
    LizClara

Answer by LizClara at 11:56 PM on Nov. 2, 2008