What the big deal with???

Spongebob, I have seen a lot parents dont want their kids watching it or having anything to do with it. But I dont see the problem am I missing something that I should know of. My son is 16 months old and loves Spongebob.

donamunns

Asked by donamunns at 8:29 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• let me know when you find out! I grew up watching Bugs Bunny.Look how violent that was! I would consider Bugs more damaging than Spongebob

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:32 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My son loves it. I just find it annoying. I don't find anything really wrong with it but I just don't like it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:33 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• there is nothing wrong with spongebob at all, i dont like dora that one i could understand but spongebob they are just being silly
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 8:33 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I think spongebob is annoying but the kids love it . I let them watch it.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 8:36 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I know, it's so stupid it''s funny. Some people don't let their kids do anything. I don't care if my kids watch it, but they really don't like it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:42 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I don't understand it either. Spongebob is the least of my cares.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 8:50 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• agreed I don't watch it myself but the kids love it! There are worse things in the world who needs to worry about spongebob...
    mom23ks

Answer by mom23ks at 8:55 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Spongebob has said the words jerk, idiot, moron, and stupid....that's why we cut it out. We have a 3 year old and 2 year old...I really don't want them going around calling other kids that. We just don't think teaches anything wholesome so we just don't allow it. But then again....I think ALL Disney movies have those words in them too. Spongebob is just for older kids in my opinion.
    kristinashley24

Answer by kristinashley24 at 8:56 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My 11 month old twins love Spongebob as well but there is alot of controversy concerning Spongebob and Patrick being Gay together i think its crazy and most children i wouldnt think would pick up on it but i have noticed in some episodes it would make you question it.. hiope this helps but my kids watch it still!!
    19withtwins

Answer by 19withtwins at 11:12 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I just hate it lol. I don't care if my daughter ends up liking it, so long as she doesn't watch it around me because it drives me batty and makes me want to hurl something at my TV. My personal loathing of the show and all the characters is my only issue.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:30 PM on Nov. 9, 2010