What do you do when you feel out of control?

When you feel your life is completely out of your hands and no matter what you d you cannot grab hold, what actions do you take?

AhmanisSoldier

Asked by AhmanisSoldier at 8:40 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• This is what I've been facing for the past four years, so I'm dying to hear the responses.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 8:41 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• usually, i try to tackel a small task to feel a little better, but i have nothing right now.. i just feel like crying and losing my mind at the moment!!! im hoping many people post answers soon!!!
    AhmanisSoldier

Comment by AhmanisSoldier (original poster) at 8:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• This may seem simplistic to some, but when I am absolutely overwhelmed, running in circles, and hitting my head against the wall-I am usually in tears when I finally say, OK God, I am giving it all to you! You figure it out, and then lead me through this mess. Then, I have this mental picture of putting it all in a box and handing it to God. It is amazing the relief you feel once it's out of your hands. Then take a deep breath and sit back and watch what happens! God will take care of it, your only worry is that you will miss his messages to you, so pay attention and don't sweat the small stuff! (It's all small stuff) I hope this helps-because it really works for me! I don't go to church, but I talk to God every day, and always thank him for every thing!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 9:04 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• i trust that Gods got his plans for me, and i know things will work out eventually... but i cant stop my mind from racing all the time.. i like to know and feel like im doing something, and its not that way as of the moment.. lol
    AhmanisSoldier

Comment by AhmanisSoldier (original poster) at 9:11 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I remove myself from the situation, and do something that I know will calm me down. Usually its listening to music, or taking a hot bath with candles. I practice personal development too, so sometimes I'll put on the movie "The Secret" (laws of attraction) and just shut my eyes and listen to it, or I'll read some pages in a self improvement book. Once I'm calm, I'll revisit the situation with a clear head.
    SherryMalcom

Answer by SherryMalcom at 9:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• ... my whole LIFE is the situation, and i have no privacy anywhere except outside but its like 40degrees out lol..
    AhmanisSoldier

Comment by AhmanisSoldier (original poster) at 9:24 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• i fall a sleep hoping i feel better
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 9:59 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• lol... i will be lucky to sleep tonight.. hey is there any food or drink that helps you feel better???
    AhmanisSoldier

Comment by AhmanisSoldier (original poster) at 10:05 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I will get into my car and drive get something to drink maybe go to a park call a friend. Isn't it sad we all have to go through this
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:02 PM on Nov. 14, 2010