Ppl that continously aggravate others......Is that some type of disorder?

I'm asking seriously! My dh is a constant aggravater. So is our youngest son and now I'm seeing our 3yr old with the same tendecies when playing with other kids. Example-she will seem like she is giving a tender hug but hang on until they scream. All three of them will continue on and on until the get sometime of response usually negative. At first I thought my son just pick it up from dh until my dd was born. Could it be some type of trait past down?

aitson

Asked by aitson at 8:41 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• No, I cannot imagine. I would think it is learned behavior. Just firmly grab her arm, look her in the eye and say, "Honey, it's nice to give a hug but when you hang on and on, it can make other people feel uncomfortable and unhappy. And you don't want them unhappy!" Just redirect their behavior in a way that cuts it off before the annoying part happens.
    Anonymous

• I think it is just being immature.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 9:56 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• It is considered a type of behaviour disorder. You would have to talk to a therapist for the actual discription and care for it.
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 11:51 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I don't think it is a disorder per say but more of learned behavior. The kids love their dad and they want to emulate him because they think he is cool or funny. It is annoying for sure! but you will have to explain to the kids that you don't like what they are doing and look them in the eye and be firm about it
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:04 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I don't think it's a behavior disorder either but a 'learned behavior' and not a good one at that.  Just re-direct and have a talk w/your dh and other son that are doing that bad behavior.  Good luck.

cat4458

Answer by cat4458 at 4:56 AM on Nov. 10, 2010