Does Anyone Feel They need to do away with the so called Polls?

I guess it doesn't matter which candidate your voting, to me I get sick of hearing about the so called polls. Do you think without them this race would be more fair? I do think it sways people into not voting when its important for everyone to vote regardless of what the pre election polls are predicting. Anyone else feel this way? I mean why can't the American people just go vote without all the media biased and polls?????

jojo13

Asked by jojo13 at 12:05 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!! Getting sick of it and at this point, just let it rest and let the people decide in peace. This election process has been so biased and disgusting. I will be happy the minute I cast my vote. I'm not even going to stay up and watch the drama unfold. I'm going to bed and will wake up to whoever wins.
    JenelleK

Answer by JenelleK at 12:19 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Amen!
    Anonymous

• I hear ya! That's what worries me is that people are going to see in the polls that their candidate has a lead and decide that they don't need to vote. EVERYBODY needs to get out there and vote. I don't think there should be any more ads, commercials, polls, debates, nothing from now until Tuesday. If people are still undecided then they need to do their own investigating and research and decide on their own who they want to vote for.
    Elicia35

Answer by Elicia35 at 1:24 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• The real problem is not the polling but the reporting of such polls and how people read them.

Every single poll has a margin of error, AND a number of undecideds. Today's Gallup Daily Tracking gives Obama an edge of 8 points, with 5% undecided and 1% saying they back other candidates. The margin of error is 2%.

Here in California, Prop 8 is trailing by a five point margin according to the Field Poll, but the number of undecideds and the margin of error could mean a victory for Prop 8 supporters.

What that says? This is a down to the wire, photo-finish horse race. It means every single vote counts now more than ever.

I once read a definition of "idiot" that said, "One who refuses to participate in civic events." OK, it was in a scif-fi novel. But the point stands. Get out there and vote. You have no one to blame but yourself if you don't.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:26 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• The polls have nothing to do with the fairness of the election.
    They mean very little.
    msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 2:43 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I don't follow polls. Since I first starting voting 10years ago they haven't been correct once. And I follow politics very closely. The media is just foolish to me.
    mrstremblay

Answer by mrstremblay at 3:02 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Polls are completely biased and can sway people that are undecided, or those that just want to do what everyone else is doing. I hate them and wish they would be gone... but then the media would have so much less to talk about and base their thoughts on.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 5:14 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• The media actually believes they are the ones who put politicians in the whitehouse. They really believe they have so much power. They do have influence and they have always, always been very liberal. Even 200 years ago. I don't trust the polls. How can they know? And I don't trust the media.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 12:14 AM on Nov. 3, 2008