(spelling?) HSG - Hysterosplinogram

I am having an HSG test done next Monday to check the state of my fallopian tubes and ovaries. I have read that it 'can' make you more fertile for the next few months as it seems to 'clear out' any 'sludge' that could be in your tubes and seems to make it more open for pregnancy to occur. If there aren't any abnormalities and all is clear, we are hoping that this is helpful.
Has this helped you to concieve and if so, how long did it take?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• My sis-in-law had this done and conceived the next month.....best wishes!
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:14 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• the hsg test is to see if your tubes are blocked if they are u then have the option to remove or fix them if they are fixable I had it done a few months ago unfortunately my tubes had to be removed and i'm now starting an IVF cycle hope all goes well best of luck and lots of baby dust mama
    rtorres0223

Answer by rtorres0223 at 10:55 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I had one, and everything was fine. It took us 8 more rounds of fertility treatments (a total of 9) before we finally concieved. I do want to warn you that everyone is different, but I had bad cramping after it was done. My doctor warned me about it, because when they insert the dye into the tubes, you get hot and it hurt feels like lots of pressure and pain. My doctor suggested taking Tylenol and Motrin about an hour before the test. I hope this helps and best wishes!
    Erin_Jus

Answer by Erin_Jus at 9:36 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• my ob told me to take Tylenol before the procedure too due to the pain it can cause. Just wondering, Erin, what kind of fertility treatments did you also have to help with conception?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2010