Did you know when you go anonymous it can still be traced to you?

Am I reading this right? I just got done posting about anons that use it in a mean way. The people who responded to it w/out going anon. and were upset.... I looked up out of curiosity to see where they're coming from. Understand their point of view.... And to my surprise ( well not so much that they go anon themselves;) ) but , it showed where they had answered anonymously.

That's wierd. I must be reading my computer wrong or something. Is this possible? If so, doesn't that take away from the whole purpose of being anon? Good to know I guess in case I want to answer a Health question anon, or decide to be snarky one day;)

thelowlander

Asked by thelowlander at 9:03 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I will do it , find me . see if you know who I am.
    Anonymous

• Never do.

Answer by older at 9:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I don't think you are understading anon. You can't trace it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:11 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Duh lol understanding... :)
    Musicmom80

• I know. That's what I thought the whole point of anon. is. That's why I was shocked to see this. Try it. Put in someone's name you think goes anon in the Search Cafe Mom box. click go......and.... shows all posts, including "hey , btw they posted anon in this one. "
    thelowlander

Comment by thelowlander (original poster) at 9:14 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• post anon here and I try
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:16 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Ummm...well you can tell that I'm not one of those anon. users. I can't even do it;) Actually, it must be because it's my own question. It doesn't give me the option.
    thelowlander

Comment by thelowlander (original poster) at 9:18 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• oh, you aren't a high enough level to do it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• i just put myself in search and it brought up questions that I did NOT answer anon. So I don't know?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:21 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Well that's nice that they atleast don't let any new person come in and use it. It's great for somethings. But some use it for fellow poster bashing.

Try it out on someone you know probably uses it, and let me know what you find out. It showed up on a couple interesting persons quite addamant about anonymous use. It showed their normal posts and their anons. just didn't seem fair to those who might use it for adequate reasons.
    thelowlander

Comment by thelowlander (original poster) at 9:23 PM on Nov. 9, 2010