how can i get my daughter to stop biting my son without spending my whole day putting her in time out?

my daughter is 22 months and she bites my mom, me, and my son on a daily basis. I dont want my son going to school with bite marks all the time. please help me figure out a way to get her to stop biting with out having to use a time out. she doesnt even understand time outs yet she thinks its a game im playing with her.

BBmama2u

Asked by BBmama2u at 9:03 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I know this sounds mid-evil and I know I'm gonna catch hell for this but it worked for me...bite her back! Don't let your son bite her back but when she bites you, bite her back every time. I guarantee she'll stop. Even at 22 month, they understand tit for tat.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:14 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Bite her. I know I will get bashed for this, but it works. My nephew used to bite be so hard the skin broke. I bit him back and he never bit me again. He lived in the same house as me, so we were together everyday.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:15 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• i agree w dancinintherain.. maybe not biting her, nut i would pinch my nephews when theyd bite, and when it happens, ask her, did that make you feel good? of course the answer will be no.. if no answer, state i know it didnt, so why would anyone want you doing that to them.. it may seem childish.. but isnt goot to teach what ges around comes around...
    AhmanisSoldier

Answer by AhmanisSoldier at 12:21 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• that also worked for me and my sisters! bite them back! They won't know it hurts unless someone does it to them.
    bcbmami

Answer by bcbmami at 9:59 AM on Nov. 10, 2010