What is a good Christmas gift for someone you don't know very well?

My brother-in-law"s wife died in January of this year and 5 weeks later he was "dating" someone new. I don't know her very well and I drew here name for our family gift exchange. I have been in the family for 20 years and could come up with ideas for everyone but her. I don't like the little bit I do know about her, but as long as they are happy, who am I to judge? Please help. It is a $20 limit. I live in Iowa and she lives in Wisconsin and I am not planning a trip there for the holidays (so I would be mailing the gift).

pixidst73

Asked by pixidst73 at 9:05 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Holidays

• Candles!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 9:06 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• A gift card never fails!!! :)
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 9:06 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Starbucks card, Barnes and Noble or Borders card (books and music).
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:16 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• a candle or an AMC gift card, also, a basket of home made Christmas treats with maybe a bottle of wine (if you don't know if they drink perhaps a bottle of sparkling cider) and perhaps a candle is a nice thing
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 9:20 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Cookies that would ship well (pringles cans are great for that, btw) , homemade candies, a pretty scarf. A picture frame
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 9:27 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• if you really dont like her get her matching cups with inspirational writing on it go on line go to burlington and they are really nice and it is like 5 bucks no lie and then if you want you can add special brew coffee or some herbal tea
    gianna530

Answer by gianna530 at 10:26 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Candles are always nice. Or go to a food site like Hickory Farms, Harry and Davids and order a gift basket of some sort, a lot of them are inexpensive, you can candies or teas or coffees. That way it can be shipped directly too.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 2:48 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• really good answers already here. Nice scarf? Pick what you would like and get a gift receipt
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 10:28 AM on Nov. 10, 2010