Can somebody help me or give me some advice? NO NEGATIVE COMMENTS please

Hey im trying to conceive and im just now getting back on track with a normal menstrual cycle after being on Birth control for only 2 months back in april and in july. I have been keeping track of my cycle now and it seems to come on the first of the month. In oct it came Oct 1st and this month it came on the 1st so im thinking 1st of the month is when it comes my period usually last 6 days 6 7 days so i wanted 2 know is that a 28 day cycle?? but when i wrote it on the ovulation calender it said 31 days HELP bc i wanna know when i should have sex ive been preg before and i hear all this ab have sex around ovulation but if i cant hit my ovulation im just gonna have sex every 3 days so i wont miss any days so i had sex sunday night & im gonna have sex tommorow & then 3 days after or maybe 2... days apart.. ive heard sperm can stay alive for 6 days to a week and is it true u can get preg if you have sex right after your period?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You count from the first day of your last period to the first day of the next one with your cycle.......I think your plan is a good one....enjoy, also....just make love a lot, relax, and love your husband...as long as both of you are healthy, you will conceive....best wishes!
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:13 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• you can fall pregnant while being on your period, dont follow these ovulation calenders cos you may ovulater sooner than what they say or a little later every women is different but you are doing the right thing in having sex every couple of days, i was trying with my first for 6months n we were going every night but then a friend said every other night and the next month i had fallen, n again im pregnant with my second so relax and go every couple days, cos yes sperm can live upto 6days in a womens body, hope this helps
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 9:13 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• We usually ovulate 14 days before we have our period. Since your cycle seems to be around 31 days and your period is coming on or around the first of the month, you would most likely ovulate on the 17th or so. Your best bet to hit ovulation is to have sex from the12th to the 22nd. Of course have it all month if you want, lol... but those would be good days around ovulation.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:16 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• thanks EVERY SINGLE one of you guys gave great advice :-) i will most definetly take them in consideration and i will stay relaxed and calm :-) i will do the every 2 3 day thing just to hit all spots.. thanks wish me luck and baby dust :-)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:22 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• everyone is different I had an irregular period so it would just come whenever it pretty much wanted to lol we bought tons of ovulation predictors and then started to see a fertility specialist just some thoughts best of luck and lots of baby dust
    rtorres0223

Answer by rtorres0223 at 10:22 PM on Nov. 9, 2010