Mp3 for 7 year old

I have recenlty lost my ipod to my 7 year old daughter. I would love to get her her own but I'm very skeptical at speding the money for a new one for her.

Anyone know of an durable mp3 fit for a very active 7 year old.

mamacass260

Asked by mamacass260 at 9:17 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• How old is yours? Maybe you could get yourself a new one and give her your old one? :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:20 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I really like the ipod shuffle. If you order one from apple.com, you can get free engraving on the back so you can put your childs name on it or whatever you chose. I got one for my 6 year old for Christmas as she always is using mine. I think it was $49. I haven't tried any other mp3 players.
    jhagelpb

Answer by jhagelpb at 9:24 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I say give up yours for a new one!
    1NikkiPikki

Answer by 1NikkiPikki at 9:41 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My kids have ipod shuffles - they're durable and reliable. I got it mainly because I had one and knew how to program it for them, but it is a very basic mp3 player so may not do all the stuff she wants.

Answer by missanc at 10:26 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• give her yours get new
    gianna530

Answer by gianna530 at 11:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I got a Disney one from Toys R Us last year that was only like $30. She still has it, and it still works. It's rechargeable, so you don't have to worry about batteries. It's a "shuffle" kind, though. So, she can't choose the song she's listening to.

I like a PP idea though - Give her your old one, and just upgrade yours ;)

AudlyLuvly

Answer by AudlyLuvly at 2:47 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My husband got an off-brand for our girl last Christmas. IDK what kind, but it doesn't really matter. She loves it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:46 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• we got a sony mp3 for $20, it has lasted almost a year. Kids don't need more than that.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 12:30 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My sons are major into Legos, and Lego makes an inexpensive mp3 player that they got for Christmas.

**As a side note - and we learned this the hard way - if you have an ipod and use itunes, you cannot just get a regular mp3 player and get songs off of itunes for it. They code them a certain way and they are not compatible. So it may be less hassle to go the i-something route.**
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 12:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• The ipod shuffles are nice and not too expensive.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:30 AM on Nov. 12, 2010