why is it that everytime things look like they're starting to look up for you something bad happens?

i mean i started college to benefit my kids and me now that im a single mom and wham my mom finds out she has breast cancer and my toilet overflows and goes through 3 floors damaging 2 bathroom floors the kitchen ceiling, 2 carpets, and my bed and mattress.

BBmama2u

Asked by BBmama2u at 9:18 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We are having the same string of wonderful events. There is always something!!!!!!!!!!
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Its called life.. or Murphy's Law. The truth is you are focusing way too much on the things that are going wrong, so in turn you are getting more of them. Practicing personal development will help you see things differently. I recommend a great book called "The Slight Edge" by Jeff Olsen. I also found "The Secret" (laws of attraction) help with this same topic as well. Its all about changing the way you think, creating good habits, then changing how you do things, which will change how you react to life situations. Here is a link to the movie "The Secret" http://consciousflex.blogspot.com/2008/01/secret-full-movie-aka-law-of-attraction.html Its long, but even just listening to a little of it while getting ready for work may help put your mind in the right place for the day. =)
    SherryMalcom

Answer by SherryMalcom at 9:26 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I asked myself that question so many times over the course of my life and you know what I found? That even though things may get hard and seem to be the worse possible time for it to happen there is a reason and something about it that is meant to make you stronger. Keeping this in mind usually gets me through the bad so I can handle it much better.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 9:29 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• It's life. You have to find the positive in everything and muck through it.
    Sounds like a hallmark movie, but in all honesty it's the only way to get on with it.
    If you want the best for your family and yourself, then you have to take the bad along with the good. Unfortunately, in most cases that means a shit storm before a rose garden.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I hear ya! Ma passed away last Oct. then the very next year of the same month we are told our baby won't make it....I hate Oct!!!
    Suzie2mom

Answer by Suzie2mom at 10:29 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I agree with SherryMalcom you need to concentrate on the good things instead of the bad, Everyone can ride smooth through the good times the test is how do you handle the bad.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 2:40 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• That's life's way of screwing us..and it's the story of my Life!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 10:56 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• i think that happens to everybody once in a while
    SunShine07777

Answer by SunShine07777 at 11:29 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I feel your pain there, but you know what? It all comes to make you stronger as someone said before on this post, and it really does. You can't have a testimony without a test. You'll make it darling, and your mom will also "live and not die", you speak that to your situation as many times as you think about it. We all go through our storms and challenges in life, it's what makes our lives that much more miraculous. What you can change is your perception of what happens to you and the world around you. I know, I know, easier said than done, but not impossible. One of the truest things in my life that brings me power is "prayer". At first, it may not change the situation, but the most powerful part is that it begins to change me, from the inside out. Life is not going to be easy, and yes you will have times when you have to fight for your peace, but fight it on your knees, because prayer brings power.
    Lordgivemewizdm

Answer by Lordgivemewizdm at 11:39 PM on Nov. 10, 2010