What wedding ring would you chose?

So here is the story of my ring. My Grandmother promised me her 1.5ct flawless diamond solitaire when I deceided to marry. So seven years ago I told my husband to be that I had a family piece I wanted to keep with and that later on he could upgrade it as an aniversary gift. So in a few months my 10 year anniversary is approaching and my husband is going to buy me the ring enhancer I want to go with the diamond. This is not going to happen again and I can't deceide what to get. Should I:Get a diamond enhancer that the solitaire can slip into? The enhancer I'm looking at encircles the diamond and is 1/2 ct. Or should I have the diamond solitaire reset into a traditional antique style wedding set that would be just under 1ct. and more ornate? In otherwords, do I play it safe with the enhancer of do I have the diamond reset and go for the bling?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• IMO I would get the enhancer b/c the ring is a family heirloom why mess around with it.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:36 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I wouldn't touch the diamond. It was your grandmother's! Leave it alone. Get an enhancer if you want.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Your ring being a family heirloom, I say enhance it....don't have it reset!
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 9:46 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• The seting is really outdated and I am interested in changing that even if it's just into another solitaire.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• ask yourself if you would feel bad with replacing the setting.. if not, then go for it! get some shine!! if you would feel bad, then play it safe and get the enhancer.. better to have choices than to regret..
    AhmanisSoldier

Answer by AhmanisSoldier at 2:09 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• go for replacing it. sounds like that is what you really want. Save the old setting maybe someone else in the family would like that.
    My mom re did her ring using the stone with a new setting. My brother took the old setting and added a new diamond for his wife to be.
    So now we have two family heirlooms!
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 9:21 AM on Nov. 10, 2010