used cloth diapers?

is that okay?
of course i super hot wash before use.
we really wanna try to use cloth in the beginning
but oh my the price!!!! but it might be cheaper in the end right?
so much this new mommy needs to know on cloth vs disposable
feel free to leave good links on info. :)

frankye

Asked by frankye at 9:34 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• First, join the Cuties With Cloth Booties group here in CafeMom, great group, you can get ALL cloth diapering questions answered there.

Second, yes, used cloth is fine, all my cloth diapers are used.

Third, cloth will save you a TON, I am currently cloth diapering 3 kids with a $150 stash of diapers.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:38 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• i tried cloth diapers with my first child, and i got a lot of them used. that way you can try a lot of different styles and see what works best for you.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:42 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Oh, hell yea! I think buying used is way fine. You wash it several times when you get it and it's going to save you a ton of money. Even if you bought all new cloth diapers you would save a TON.

I have some stuff on my website - www.crowninglotus.com (check video and link library) and there is a

Check this out - cute blog - cute shop....
    http://littlemonkeystore.wordpress.com/

www.cottonbabies.com

Here is a place to buy/sell used cloth:
    http://www.myuseddiapers.com/

I suggest a diaper sprayer - http://gidgetgoeshome.com/2008/08/25/diy-tutorial-make-your-own-diaper-sprayer/
    gypsyjewels

Answer by gypsyjewels at 9:44 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• A hot wash will handle them.

I bought all new diapers, mostly organic materials and spent $400 on my diapering collection. That will last until we are completely on the potty. Where one week of disposables cost $40 when we went on vacation.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:47 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Yes, just hot wash them a couple of times before you use them. They can be pricey, and used ones can be a great way to be even more green!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:49 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• ty mommies, this all help ease the over all view of whats to come. ♥
    frankye

Comment by frankye (original poster) at 10:06 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I wouldn't, but that's just me. As long as you are comfortable using used cloth diapers and are hygienic about it (and trust the person they came from) then it shouldn't be a problem.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:50 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I'd say go for cloth and used shouldn't be a big issue if you do things right. Personally I use disposables but it's a personal choice made because while I'd love the cost effectiveness I am not a big laundry washer (like I hold off until seriously the last minute) so it wouldn't be a good choice for me. That said I think cloth diapers are wonderful things. My MIL used them as burp cloths with her daughter and passed them on to us. We used 'em for burpies too and now they get used as mop up rags in the kitchen or quicky hot pads so even if you try it and don't go through with it depending on what ones you get you'll have uses for them. (and bleach is miracoulous).
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 11:33 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I use disposable but God bless all of you willing to use cloth.
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 1:00 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I got a lot of mine second-hand. It's fine as long as you sanitize them first.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2010