What is with all the Newbies on CafeMom with horrible spelling and grammar?

Are they all from the same school or something?

cud i be prqnant yall?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I hate coming across questions here that read like a bad text message. Spelling errors are forgivable to a point. A typo here & there...it happens. But when you can't decipher what the question even is about because all the words have kReaTive spellings, I think that's appalling. How are some of these people going to help a child with homework if they can't be bothered to spell out words in a proper manner so other people can read them? And why oh why oh why did I have to see a question today where some teeny bopper is substituting the lower case Q for a lower case G? Example: grass...instead we have qrass. That was a forehead slapping moment.
    Anonymous

• Too much texting! LOL
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 9:44 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Sadly, you have a point.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 9:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Once again, point made.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 9:54 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• While I do find all the errors frustrating at times, I also can not judge the people who are making the errors. I do not know if they are distracted by their kids, their husband, or other things. I do not know if they have a mental handicap and are doing the best they can. If I can't understand the question, or if there are numerous obvious errors, then I just leave the question. Why let it get you so irritated?
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:54 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Not everyone has perfect typing, grammar, and spelling skills. There are some that are intentionally being lazy and not taking the time to type a proper sentence. However, most on here just aren't skilled enough on the keyboard to type things out properly. It's not only the newbies that are doing it either, but some of the seasoned mothers on here as well. This is the internet and there is bound to be plenty of error.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:12 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I was just sitting outside pondering this post, and I have a serious question....posed to the moms out here that struggle with spelling and grammar (you know who you are)...do you read a lot? Leisurely? I have notice that people who read more have an easier time maneuvering the keyboard. I know that a lot of people don't have the luxury of time, but what about before you became a mom? Were you able to read a lot? Because I think it makes a big difference.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 10:17 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I'm sorry that i may slip up here and there if it bothers you so much... sometimes my fingers slip because i become occupied or willingly distracted by my kids and then i don't go back and check.
    MakG

Answer by MakG at 9:41 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Perfect example

I'm sorry that i may slip up here and there if it bothers you so much

This sentence doesn't make any sense. So whatever point was trying to be made went right out the window.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I have to agree! Everyone fails to speak English anymore, it's all texting talk. ufellme gurl? lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:45 PM on Nov. 9, 2010