i dont know how to ask this

I dont know how to ask this so please bear with me. I have been working up the courage to ask. Who has been raped and how are you dealing with it

mommysangelface

Asked by mommysangelface at 9:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Health

• i have and counseling helps, took me years to get the help i needed. i wish i hadent waited so long to get that help. here if you want to chat. it will get better
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 9:45 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I haven't been through this, but have a friend who has and I was molested once as a child. The best way I have seen to work through something like that is to have someone you trust to talk through your feelings with and to have the love and support of those you are closest to. It's so sad that things like this happen to people.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:47 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• i haven't, but i know there are moms on here who have been, as they've stated it in responses. i bumped ya, hopefully that will help you get some answers. also, if you don't get much response, i'd advise you to keep this question open..a whole new crew comes on during the night, and in the morning/daytime. good luck!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:47 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I was raped when I was 19. I had been a virgin before that so it was a double whammy for me. It has taken a long time and I will never completely get over it, but it does get easier to bear with time. I was lucky that I had some really good friends that supported me and were there for me. I still have issues but I am working on them. It isn't an easy road but time does heal and so do good friends and loving support.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• ok last year i was raped in front of my 2year old by someone i considered a friend. He is in jail but i am still freaking out. I am on anti depressants and sleeping pills. I have tried to go off the sleeping pills but when i do i have nightmares and cant sleep for days. I feel so guilty for not fighting back and the fact my son saw this. Ive tried counsling but i hate it
    mommysangelface

Comment by mommysangelface (original poster) at 9:50 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• What about trying counseling again? If you don't like the person, you can chose someone else to talk to! Were you the one to put him in jail?
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 9:56 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Don't ever feel guilty for surviving a rape!! It WAS NOT your fault!! Sorry for the "shouting" but I want that to be emphasized greatly. You did nothing wrong. I hope he is in jail for what he did to you, if not at least he is where he belongs. I had nightmares for a long time afterwards. I slept with a light on and a knife under my pillow. In fact I carried that knife like a security blanket for years!! If counseling isn't for you do you have anyone you are close to who you could talk to? Talking it out is honestly the best way to deal with it IMO. I never had professional counseling but I had good friends I could talk to. You will get through this and it will make you an even stronger woman. Hugs hon.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:56 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Yes michelle he is in jail because of me. And kmath i cant help but feel guilty. I wasnt brought up that way, I was taught to fight back and i didnt an my son saw it and i cant get the look he had on his face out of my head. And my husband wasnt here when it happened and i hate that
    mommysangelface

Comment by mommysangelface (original poster) at 10:01 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I can understand that, but would you have rather fought back and risked potentially getting yourself or your son injured? Look at it that way. Try not to let the guilt eat at you. Repeat to yourself everyday, "I did not deserve what happened to me and I did not cause it. I have nothing to be ashamed of. I am a survivor!" It sounds cheesy but sometimes we just have to tell ourselves something enough times and we will start to believe it. I am glad you put him in jail, that in itself is empowerment.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:06 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• i do tell myself that. even though i know he is in jail i am so jumpy. If my husband comes in the room quietly and i dont know it i jump. I hear someone knocking too early at the door or too late ad i freak out. We are finally moving out of our apt where it happened
    mommysangelface

Comment by mommysangelface (original poster) at 10:08 PM on Nov. 9, 2010