Have you ever felt like committing suicide?

I was about 30 the last time I felt that alone and depressed. I however got through it but the only problem is now I have these horrible scares that are a reminder of how bad it had gotten in my mind. What did you do to find a way out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Health

• I have called the suicide hotline too and Ive even gotten support from others on here. Whatever you need to do to make it through thte moment is what you do. When I think about my kids I cant do it. I cant do it to them. Imagine ONE person who loves you and then imagine what their life would be like without you and imagine how they would feel knowing you took your own life. Dont do it.
    imuney

Answer by imuney at 10:20 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• share your story with her it might help
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 10:20 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• You have more reason to share with her because you understand where she's at. Try to find out what has brought her to this point. Even though she feels this is her solution to what is overwhelming her, showing her other options might help her. She's looking for relief and so far she hasn't found any. No matter what you decide, contact a hospital or the authorites.
    aitson

Answer by aitson at 10:36 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• i called the suicide hotline, call them. please
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 10:17 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Suicide is the ranked 11 in US for cause of death. Its scary to think about how many people do it each year. If you have someone to talk to please do, or I KNOW WE ARE ALL HEAR TO LISTEN!! I wont judge and I know others wont either. Call the suicide hotline. 1-800-SUICIDE, 1-800-784-2433. Whatever you do, please dont attempt anything.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 10:32 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• call the hotline

tie0013

Answer by tie0013 at 10:22 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Tell your friend that she is not alone, there are a lot of moms out there who feel the same way. We are lucky to have resources to get help. Just talk to her and let her know that a lot of people love her.
    bratgirln1

Answer by bratgirln1 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I have...as a matter of fact, I tried in a very slow manner. I started taking Xanax and Ambien in high doses to the point where I was out of it for days at a time. I stopped all the scripts and six days later I had three back to back seizures. My heart and breathing stopped for a few seconds. It's not something I would have done consciously or on purpose but looking back at it, I still think that if it would have happened, it may not necessarily have been the worse thing in the world for me. Yes, before I get trashed, I know...it's a selfish attitude.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 10:30 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I am not thinking about it but a friend is and I am having a problem trying to help her because I feel as if I have no right too. She does not knwo I tried years ago and is looking to me to help her.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I did at one point about 1 year ago. My sister had stolen my identity and everything I had worked for was going down the drain. Career, awesome credit rating, etc. I was really depressed b/c my parents were taking her side and telling over and over, " I should just let it go."
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 9, 2010