thinking of getting my tubes tied.

I keep thinking I might want to get my tubes tied. I'm 29, will be 30 in January, and have one child. I have zero desire for another child. I had gone back and forth for a year about wanting another child. But for the last year, I haven't really wanted one. I can see babies, play with babies, ovulate and look at babies and there is no desire for a baby. My husband does want one more, but considering the fact that, for the last three years we have suffered greatly under the economic depression, and can't get our finances in shape, I don't see it happening.

So I want to get my tubes tied, but I'm afraid, that I might change my mind later and really regret it.

I really do not like chemical birth control, so that isn't really an option for me

what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I wouldnt do it, if you think you might change your mind later, and the fact your hubby wants another child.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 10:25 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• If you are having any doubt at all, I wouldn't do it.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:26 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Well, it's your call. They will do it if you ask. Don't let anyone tell you different. They may want you to be sure but it can be done.
    I had mine done at 29, and am very pleased with my choice, but I have four kids. The only concern I would have for you is that you only have one child. BUT you really could be done, my mom was. So was my good friend. I can't stand hormonal birth control, IUDS or condoms so it worked for me.Talk to your OBGYN about it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:27 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I would speak with your dr. I had the mirena IUD put in b/c 1. We are done. 2. I hate surgeries, 3. Mirena is a low dose hormonal Bc and i love it so far.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Mirena has so many side effects. If she can't handle hormonal BC there is no way she would handle mirena too well. It's had more problems since it hit the market. And cafemom has all kinds of nightmare posts about it. My friend just had a hysterectomy because of having Mirena put in. She almost died.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:32 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I had my Tubes Tied the day after my son was born- i had my mind completely made up; so, i have never had any regrets- if you are second guessing about it- Wait; when the time is right you will feel 100% sure that is what you want:)
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:38 PM on Nov. 9, 2010