what do you do to avoid junk food?

Hi moms

I was just wondering what do you do to avoid junk food? I am trying to watch what I eat but I have notice that when I am nervous I eat even though I am not hungry. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks

bratgirln1

Asked by bratgirln1 at 10:25 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Just don't purchase it so it's not around. When I need to nosh, I buy some fruit chunks and low fat vanilla yogurt to dip it in. Also I'll eat a bowl of cereal that's healthy like Kashi or granola. It's very filling too.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:37 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• TRY CHEWING GUM...SOMETIMES IT WORKS.
    dominicanmoon

Answer by dominicanmoon at 10:31 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I just do not buy it. When you are nervous, eat fruit or veggies. Good luck!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:27 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I don't have it in my house.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:30 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• all of the above. if u find urself being tempted at fastfood joints, dont carry ne cash ( i only eat at fastfood places when i have cash). also, i completely avoid the junk isle in grocery stores. if u really want something sweet, get some low fat yogurt or low fat caramel and dip an apple in it. but above all, drink water first. water fills u up faster.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 10:36 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I just tell myself to just eat it once a week the rest you have to discipline yourself it depends how bad you want to do this but YOU HAVE TO WANT to GL No offense Dominicanmoon but chewing gum makes me hungry I feel like it teases my stomach...lol like saying when is the food coming down?...lol
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:37 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• eat carrots, fat free crackers, cup a soup and do not eat just one. It will not work.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 10:47 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I carry Juice Plus Gummies with me every where I go. If I want a snack, something sweet or just want to nibble on something I eat a few and I'm good. It's a healthy little snack I can put in my bag and I don't feel guilty because it's made out of fruits and vegetables.
    You can get more info about them at www.welovejuiceplus.com
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 12:09 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• EXTRA GUM they have all these flavors so I chew that if I am still hungry I eat mini bag popcorn

karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 4:22 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• The thing that I do is when you feel the urge that you want to eat junk food, think of how many calories, and fat, and sugar and things that wonderful piece of yumminess has that you will have to excercise off if you are wanting to loose weight.
    courtneyrogers

Answer by courtneyrogers at 10:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2010