Anyone have bad anger or rage while pregnant?

Before I got pregnant I could calmly deal with my anger or just walk away when I got mad. But now I just fly off the wall for no reason. I feel angry constantly and I take it out on whoever happens to be near. It gets to the point that I just want to hit someone or break something, But thankfully I can still control that but im worried that there will be a time when I cant. I am also crying a lot for no reason. The doctor said it was ok and that she didn't want to put me on anything unessasarily. How did you deal with it and did it just go away after you had the baby or did it turn into post partum.

angelmine2011

Asked by angelmine2011 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm dealing with something like that this pregnancy, erratic mood swings, lots of anger at nothing or anything, irritability to an extreme- I will be seeing a psychiatrist in a few days to discuss coping techniques etc. My ob feels it wouldn't be worth it to give me meds at this point since I have 8-10 weeks left, and it would take at least 4 weeks to see any improvement, and she wants me to get a jump on having things handled before I have the baby so PPD is not as big a possibility. If you are struggling with this sort of problem now, your chances for developing PPD are higher than if you didn't have that extra layer of emotional stress. Have you been bluntly honest with your doctor? Told her that you do feel like hitting something at times, even a person? Mine tells me every time to let her know ASAP if I ever feel like hurting anyone or anything- thankfully I haven't yet, I just feel crazy 90% of the time.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 12:53 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I've never been pregnant, but I have a temper (which is under control) and this is one of my worries for when I finally do conceive what with the added hormones and what not, I wont be able to control it as well. I'm bumping you and hope someone has an answer for you. Try talking to your Doctor again and if you still don't get anywhere try another Doctor? I understand how frustrating it is to struggle to control anger and I would be devastated if I acted out on it.
    Good luck and I hope you find your answer!
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 11:30 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I always know when I'm pregnant, before I take a pregnancy test. I suddenly get "mama bear sydrome" and i am maddly grouchy, especially about food and environmental things around me like cig smoke, etc...
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 11:34 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I'm very good at controlling it. I do have to excuse myself from situations. One time before I even knew I was pregnant, I was stuck out on a huge lake in a boat with an avid fisherman and friends. Lots of cig smoke, and my squirming toddler. I feel like I went batty or something. I had crazy thoughts of jumping off the boat, or flagging down strangers for a ride back to shore. It was however after hrs upon hrs in the boat. But, not like me normally.

I would agree that prob people dealing with this while preg. are more likely for PPD. I take extra omega3s and all my vitamins religiously and it truly makes a difference. Things are good, unless i get pregnant again. I just can't put myself in claustrophobic situations then....
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 10:05 PM on Nov. 10, 2010