Has anybody sent their teenage boys to boot camp for their disrespect?

I have seen it on tv before but not in awhile. A man comes on and shouts or speaks loudly to these kids (who think they are all that and a bag of chips) and even takes them to a juvenile detention center.

4theloveofTink

Asked by 4theloveofTink at 10:54 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• My daughter's friend was sent in high school was sent to one. IMO he was 100% better when he came back. Too bad some of the other kids weren't sent too. Two of them are in prison right now. I would have loved to see them all in great careers right now. The one that went is now a very successful business owner.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:59 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Sorry, I guess I stuttered.
    m-avi

• YES- we sent my SS to Boot Camp- He was So out of control & disrespectful- in 6th grade he was going to be expelled- they really don't treat them as bad as they act on t.v.- the instructor was a great guy & he really cared about the kids- It helped some........ he ended up in a Behavior Boarding School in Jamaica for almost 3 years- He gained the tools that he needed to live a Happy & Successful life there!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:22 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• If the kids today would respect people it would be a better world.
    DOLL1952

Answer by DOLL1952 at 11:30 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• if you find a good one it works
    gianna530

Answer by gianna530 at 11:46 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• i haven't yet, but we're seriously considering it for one of the skids...
    evilstepmother1

Answer by evilstepmother1 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I have not, but when my oldest daughter gets old enough she will go.
    canthaveboys1

Answer by canthaveboys1 at 12:15 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• What about something not so drastic like a behavior assistant or therapy. your insurance usually pays for alot of it. I work as a behavior assistant 3 days a week for troubled teens and has seen it work , I know some kids need more and do good in boot camp just a thought.
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 2:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2010