My baby is not sleeping through the night like he used to, what do I do?

My baby boy is waking up at 2:00 AM for the last two nights, and I have a hard time getting him back to sleep. He wakes up and is ready to play! I've even tried giving him his baby bottle with warm milk, but it still takes me 2-3 hours to get him back to sleep.
This has started happening the last couple of days and I don't know what to do.

HELP!!!

NKS

Asked by NKS at 12:47 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Go pick up a copy of "The No Cry Sleep Solution." It will help.

And never expect an infant to maintain the same sleep pattern all the time. It can happen but often doesn't. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 2:05 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• How old is he, and what kind of schedual does he have during the day? That makes a difference in the answer.....
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 5:38 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• My baby is going to be a year old this Thursday, November 6th and up until 4 days ago, he was sleeping at 7:00 PM and waking up at 7:30 AM . All of a sudden he is falling asleep at 7:00 PM now and waking up at either 2:00 AM OR 5:00 AM and won't go back to sleep.
    I am thinking about letting him cry it out and cry himself to sleep, but I haven't had the heart to do that yet.

Help!
    NKS

Answer by NKS at 7:50 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• What kinda nap schedual is he on? Eating? That makes a difference. He may be teething. If he eats dinner early, try giving him some oatmeal before bed. It sticks with him, and he doesn't wake up hungry. He may be sleeping too much during the day too.
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 10:59 AM on Nov. 4, 2008