Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do? (dental question)

I have a tooth that really hurts. I get dental care for free from the tribal health clinic because I am 1/4 Native American. Which is good because the only insurance I have doesn't cover dental work. But anyway I have this one tooth that has been hurting on and off for months. The dentist was ignoring it and I kept forgetting to ask about it because when I would go in it would be fine. Finally I went there as a walk in when the pain was bad and they took an x-ray and told me there was nothing wrong with the tooth. Well, if its hurting me there is something wrong, plain and simple. On the other hand the care I am getting is free so I don't want to piss the guy off. I am thinking of going to another clinic tomorrow but even if they can find the problem the only thing my insurance will cover is extraction.


Asked by mommytoJames512 at 11:08 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Health

Level 17 (3,334 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • Go to a different doc that offers a free initial consult and x-rays. They will tell you what is wrong with the tooth and you can proceed from there.

    Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:16 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

  • i dont understand that he was suppose to check it after or before he gives u n x-ray of ur teeth. he need to ask you question bout it. it sounds like u have impacted tooth or something is caught up under the tooth,

    Answer by applemartini143 at 11:13 PM on Nov. 9, 2010