Due in 3 weeks..(sharp pains)

I keep getting sharp pains straight across my stomach, different to ones i have felt before. What could this be? Is it normal? This is my first pregnancy so I'm quite panicky.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Braxton Hicks. No need to worry. Just take up to 9 grams of vitamin C daily and when you have these contractions 5 minutes apart, take 2 grams of calcium with a glass of milk. (Taking calcium with vitamin D - found in milk - will help with the pain naturally).

Due dates are created as the median date for a 1 month range. Any baby born from 38-42 weeks is a healthy, full term baby.
    CNLueck

Answer by CNLueck at 1:16 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• You could also time the pains and then call your doctor and let him know whats happening.
    Anonymous

• My guess (as a parent of three), they're probably Braxton Hicks which is your body getting warmed up for the real deal! But if you're unsure, call your dr because he should be able to give you a more definitive answer.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 1:53 PM on Nov. 2, 2008