What age do you break the "Santa" truth?

My son is 8. He is getting one very expensive gift this year and a very few lesser expensive ones. I really dont want to let some of the gifts be from "Santa" I really just want to tell him.
He is 8. Is now a good age?

SaturnsMom

Asked by SaturnsMom at 11:31 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Holidays

• I didn't tell mine until he came and told me he knew.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:32 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Don't blow it if he still believes. Time will come and he will figure it out soon enough.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 11:33 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My son is almost 6 and I never told him there was a santa. I work damn hard for those gifts and I'll be dead before I let someone else take credit for my hard work lol Fighting my way through the crowds dealing with a$$holes breaking the bank. Why lie to your kids anyways? If they need someone to believe in give them knowledge of God
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 11:34 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• itll happen soon enough from friends and what not or just realizing it on his own. Id keep it up as youll never get to do this again, unless you have a younger one of course.
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 11:35 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Let him believe as long as possible. Kids grow up much to fast these days....so let him enjoy the simple little things in life.
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 11:36 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I agree with myownhappiness. And I will not lie to my child. I lead by example even when it is hard.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:37 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• It kinda happened to my DD at 7 some school kids told her. But I fixed it by saying that due to some religions the parents wont let them believe. I dnt care If I can only buy my girls one gift for xmas I will still say its from santa. I will not be selfish and take away their innocense of xmas before their ready. My girls are so gullible that I will pobably get to keep it going alot longer than other parents. When I found out there was no santa it ruined it for me. I was devistated and never got that tingles in my tummy every xmas morning again.
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 11:53 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My grandson came to us when he was 9 and asked if Santa was real... when that
    question was asked our answer to him was that we are his Santa and always have been...
    He has been fine with that ...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:54 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• My daughter is 8, ad I could never imagine telling her there is no Santa. Yes I work hard for those gifts, but I get to see the joy on her face and the thoughts of magic she talks about. One day she will know the truth, when she asks me I will tell her, but for now I want her to enjoy this part of the season, they are only young so long, and grow up to fast!

endurablemist

Answer by endurablemist at 7:15 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Never! I told my kids when they stopped believing in Santa the gifts would stop. They still believe.
    Read the book, oh I think the Christmas express. Did an animated movie a few years ago, Tom Hanks did the voice.
    Makes me cry. The book, did not see movie
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 10:25 AM on Nov. 10, 2010