What is the best way to do the transition from toddler bed to a twin bed?

My daughter is 31/2 and she is currently sleeping in a toddler bed (part of the night) anyway, we want to buy her a twin bed because she is a big girl but I don't know what would be the best way to do the transition. Also, I have a boy who is going to be using the toddler bed instead of the crib. So I don't want my daughter to feel overwhelm. Any suggestion will be appreciated.
Thanks

bratgirln1

Asked by bratgirln1 at 11:36 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• I got him new spongebob sheets. Told him this was his new big boy bed and look at all the room you have. I told him I loved him, kissed him on the forehead and said good night.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 12:39 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• get a bed set that she loves for the twin be, then use it on the toddler bed (but use the same fitted sheet that you have been, since the one for twin bed won't fit the toddler bed. Have her help you make the bed the next morning and say "oh no, your new bedset doesn't fit your bed, I guess we need to get you a new bed to go with your new bedset" She will prob be so excited, that is what I did with my dd.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 12:56 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• get her something that will make her love the twin bed.. if shes into helping out with her little brother, explain to her that shes got a big girl bed just like mommy and daddy.. after she sleeps in it a few times, explain that her brother needs to use the toddler bed.. make her feel important and special by "giving" him the bed.. and that you need her help to teach him its ok to move into a new bed because it means youre becoming a big girl/boy??
    AhmanisSoldier

Answer by AhmanisSoldier at 1:40 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would let her know about the transition and have her pick the bed. Give her 2-3 options and she can pick. You can do the same with the sheets and blankets. It really should be easy. Crib to bed is much more difficult for most.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 6:43 AM on Nov. 10, 2010