whats the best method for helping relax a baby when teething?

laurennlindsay

Asked by laurennlindsay at 11:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always used Hyland's teething tablets.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 11:46 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I was recently told to try teething tablets, cold washcloths, and teething rings out of the freezer. I have also been doing a little baby massage with lotion to calm him.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 11:46 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• numbing the gums in any way.. whether it be orajel, tablets, frozen toys or cloths, or even a popsicle(in or out of the wrapper: otter pops unopened were my favorites cheap and efficent!!)... any soothing, and like a lot of people, sleeping on an incline might help ease the pain.. with any "sickness/problem" keeping them close provides comfort, and helps them to relax too! good luck sweetie!
    AhmanisSoldier

Answer by AhmanisSoldier at 11:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• hylands teething tablets worked wonders!!

or you could do what my grandpa says.."rub a lil whiskey on your finger, then wipe their gums"
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:56 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Baltic amber worn on the skin is supposed to relieve pain, particularly teething pain.

We've got a stash of breast milk popsicles in the freezer.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:12 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I used a wet wascloth and put it in the freezer for my niece to chew on.
    Laurie254

Answer by Laurie254 at 12:44 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I use infant ibuprofen. None of my babies would use teethers and orajel only works for a few seconds. Ibuprofen helps for hours so I usually give it at night when teething is the worst.
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 12:45 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• me alone: wear baby in a ring sling, teething cold ring, amber necklaces, vibro-chew toy
    daddy helping: distract baby by playing or taking out for a walk, or drive in the car

last resort: 1/3 of a teething tab
    LaughterHugs

Answer by LaughterHugs at 10:38 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I swear by Amber teething necklace for my daughter. I left it off after her bath and the next day she was miserable and drooling and had a chin rash. WIthin 1/2 day of putting in on the rash was gone and drooling was hardly noticed. Gotta be better than drugging her...
    NZAngel

Answer by NZAngel at 3:02 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• baltic amber necklaces
    mommyajay

Answer by mommyajay at 10:41 AM on Nov. 11, 2010