iud?

im pregnant and i have a child already.after i have this baby i want to keep from getting pregnant so i was thinking about getting the iud or birthcontrol pills. witch one do you guys think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't trust IUD's. They are dangerous, and you are at risk for puncturing your uterus, hemmorage and a ton of other major side effects.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:49 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I prefer IUD, and I have recommended it to a lot of women during my birth control seminars. It's more effective than a tubal ligation, you don't have the human error factor, you can't forget to take it or put it in, you generally can't feel it, it's immediately reversible (as in, toucan try the minute it's removed to conceive)... The list goes on and on. If you get it and you don't like it, you can simply have it removed. It's also effective the minute you have it put in, so you don't have to wait like you do with the pill. It's the most common form of birth control among health care providers. There are 2, in case you don't know. One is hormonal (good for 5 years, though some are saying its good for 10 now) and the other isn't (good for 10 years). Talk to your midwife/doctor before you make your final decision and see what she/he says.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:53 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I had an iud and I prefered it over the pill definitely. Although, I started to have a few issues with it and had it removed. I had a non-hormonal one. Now I can't take any form of birth control, it just messes with my body too much. My husband is getting a vesectomy :)
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 12:17 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I had the ParaGuard IUD, the copper one, no hormones. LOVED IT! Used it for 4 years, had no problems at all. We had it removed and we conceived 2 weeks later. I do recommend it.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:41 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I had the mirena IUD, I liked it but spotted every day that I had it. I finally gave up on it after almost 5 months and had it removed. I also noticed that it affected the amount of breastmilk I was making, which is bad because my dd will not take bottles at all. So while I had the Mirena I was making barely enough to satisfy her, now that I have it out and am on the mini pill she isn't having to nurse for an hour to be full.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:48 AM on Nov. 10, 2010