how do

how do you season your turkey

gianna530

Asked by gianna530 at 11:54 PM on Nov. 9, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I put orange, apple, lemon and onion inside and melt butter and syrup for the outside. I put tabs of butter between the meat and the skin and press it down then cover the turkey in the butter/syrup mixture. I think it is very yummy!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 12:01 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• that sounds good i know theere are so many ways i would season it with butter inside ans a mixture of olive oil garlic and pepper and rub it down and put some cloves of garlic inside it is soooo good and juicy
    gianna530

Comment by gianna530 (original poster) at 12:05 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Blend up fresh herbs in olive oil then baste: sage, thyme, tarragon, salt, pepper
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:25 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Butter, Lawrey's seasoned salt and poultry seasoning.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 1:05 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• i go with fresh fruit on the inside.. usually.. but i tried doing a spicier kinda turkey last year.. used different peppers garlic and onion of course and butter.. also chicken broth helps keep it super moist and adds a little flavor..
    AhmanisSoldier

Answer by AhmanisSoldier at 1:59 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I do an herb butter and push it under the skin + garlic in the inside. I now do the stuffing outside the bird...
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 8:12 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• it changes each year depending on my mood. I saw a recipe for apple cider brine and I might try that. I have also injected it with flavors, or seasoned it under the skin.
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 8:29 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• all sound good
    gianna530

Comment by gianna530 (original poster) at 4:08 PM on Nov. 10, 2010