DOES ANYONE EVER FEEL LIKE KICKING UR MOTHER TO THE CURB

MY MOM WAS NOT THERE DURING MY PREGNACY OR MY BIRTH OF MY SON AND MY FEANCE HAS ASKED ME TO MARRY HIM AGAIN AND SHE KEEPS TELLING ME NOT TO WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR 5 YEARS AND HAVE ANOTHER ONE ON THE WAY ALL SHE DOES IS START TROUBLE

mama82307

Asked by mama82307 at 12:56 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• My mother has not been a steady presence in my life since I was 15. Off and on, here and there, whenever it suits her. She saw me a total of 3 times throughout my pregnancy (with her first grandchild I might add) she did not come to the hospital when Kaylee was born, and finally showed up after me being home for 3 days to see her grandbaby for a total of 20 mins. Since then she has seen Kaylee approximately 5 times, 2 of which have been in the last month.

I do not try to call her or ask her to come over...I am over it. She will never be a "mother figure" in my life, but I will not stop her from seeing her grandbaby, if she so chooses to do so. Sounds like you should follow suit and kinda just cut contact with your mom, and only see/talk to her when she contacts you.

(oh, and ignore what she said about not marrying your bf + father of your two children...that's just absurd.)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:01 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• i agree. ^
    annelebar

Answer by annelebar at 1:03 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• not my mom but i really wish my mil would stay the f away but that wont happen my hubby thinks she can do no wrong she lies to him about things i say and does he belive me nope i think she just wants to ruin our marriage....good luck and i wouldnt take her advice marry that man
    hedtrippe

Answer by hedtrippe at 1:06 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Your mother has a right to her opinion but doesn't mean you have to listen. It sounds like she's been out of your life for to long to even offer advice and you should tell her that. I love my mother but she interferes way to much and lectures about everything. It drives me nuts because she goes in with the thought that she is right and not wrong. While I applaud her for being confident in her thoughts I can't stand how I'm forced to hear them or be made to feel like I should accept them all because she said it. I went through nine months and a labor alone. I raised my son for the first year of his life with no one around me to support me or help me. So personally I don't need anyones help now if I did it once I can do it again all alone
    Anonymous

• My mother has cut ties w/ me almost a year ago.. All over $150.. I wouldn't GIVE her.. She is mad that I have a man in my life that loves me. She went into the hospital and said that I wasn't allowed to see her. So, I never went. She never calls me on my b-day. She never has anything to do w/ my kids. So, I guess you can say that she has kicked me to the curb. And ya know, it kinda feels good knowing that she won't be calling wanting money every single day.. I don't need the trouble she causes nor the headache.. I HATE drama..
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 1:09 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Wow hedtrippe that sounds exactly like my life!
    JoonBug21

Answer by JoonBug21 at 1:11 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• My mom has passed but I wish my MIL would back the f off
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 1:34 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• My mom is a touchy subject just because growing up she was not the best mom she was an alcoholic and meth addict and I was the one who was there and had to deal with that. When I had my first son she came in the room when I really ddn't want her there but she was there anyways. She has done a lot of crappy things to me in my life things I will never forget but through the years I have learned forgiveness its not easy at all but If I don't push myself through the hurt of what she did to me then I will lower myself and I'd be a misreable person. There is not enough pages to write my life with my mom. If you are someone that grew up with an addict you know what I mean. Its everyday of they hate you try to kill you if youre not careful stealing from you ect... but I love my mom and hope when her judgement day comes she will comprehend her life and ask for forgiveness.
    histree

Answer by histree at 2:16 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I need mil to back the fuck off too - my mom crosses boundaries once in a while but I tell her about it and she's cool
    Anonymous